We work hard and care about our customers’ success and we have a lot of fun doing it. As a privately-owned company, we move fast and have lots of opportunity for career growth, so if you’re passionate about numbers and want to be in a fun and growing company, join us! You will be challenged to manage the accounting on meaningful projects that will help shape the future of the company.
TG Gallagher is looking for a project accountant to play an integral role on the accounting team, fulfilling the project accounting on multiple projects of various size. The project accountant will be knowledgeable about all aspects of construction accounting.
What you will do:
- Develop and maintain positive relations with subcontractors and project managers throughout all facets of project accounting.
- Work closely with project managers and project executives on all facets of project accounting and administration issues.
- Work on a daily with the vendors and subcontractors on issues ranging from billing and payments to lien waivers
- Process customer billings
- Responsible for collections of past due A/R
- Process vendor invoices
- Review job costs reports to ensure billings are current
- Make month-end project adjustments based on cost-to-complete estimates
- Review project labor and expense charges with project manager for accuracy and appropriateness.
- Analyze projects; generate job costing reports to provide meaningful input to project team.
- Monitor and support monthly requirements including month-end close
Do you have the right specs?
- Bachelor's degree accounting or equivalent experience
- Proven track record working in a fast-paced and agile team
- Strong decision making and problem-solving skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills
- Experience in construction accounting preferred
- Experience with Sage 300 Software a plus